Waterstons were instructed by Exponent Private Equity, acting on behalf of Evergreen, to act as their strategic business partner to manage the transition of systems, infrastructure and technology platforms following the acquisition from Scotts. This appointment followed the work we undertook on due diligence for the potential acquisition.
A strong team providing a seamless service
Given the scale of the business, the need to continue trading without disruption following the acquisition, and the need to understand Evergreen’s long term growth ambitions, they required an experienced and trusted consultancy to deliver an effective, seamless and wholescale transition of their IT infrastructure and systems.
Our engagement, led by our dedicated Mergers and Acquisitions team, drew on the strengths and expertise of consultants from across our business from project managers and an interim CIO to technical engineers and bespoke software engineers to deliver a comprehensive transition including:
- Program and project management of the migration of 76 systems used across the business, covering areas such as EDI, manufacturing control and all other administrative functions including migration of email and pcs for 600 staff.
- Replacement of the incumbent technology partner using a new technical architecture and infrastructure.
- Set up of data centre and related infrastructure.
- Management of the transition service agreement with Scotts, to ‘keep the lights on’.
- Design and recruitment of an in-house IT team for the business and appropriate service contracts.
- Development of initial IT strategy for the business.
- Incorporation of three further acquisitions made during the transition period.
- Support and project management for delivery of a multi-language, multi-location, multi-currency ERP system (SAP S4/HANA) and migration from Scotts’ legacy SAP system.
A platform for continued success
Evergreen Garden Care now has stand alone, reliable and cost-effective systems and infrastructure, able to operate efficiently and scale appropriately to support the organisation’s growth. This was all achieved within 15 months whilst the business continued to trade throughout the transition period.