About the Graduate Project Manager role
As a client facing Graduate Project Manager you will be part of an ambitious team that manage the delivery of a wide variety of IT projects to clients in a range of industry sectors to ensure all project outcomes are successfully achieved. This a great opportunity to manage and deliver to the following types of projects as a Project Manager in Consultancy-
- Business Systems Implementation
- IT Infrastructure
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Site/office moves
Requirements for the Graduate Project Manager
- Business / Management related Degree
- Desire to get things done!
We are looking for self-starters that have the ability to demonstrate the following transferable skills in their profiles-
- Highly Organised
- Think on their feet
- Big picture thinkers (Strategic & Tactical)
- Ability to communicate & push back on all levels
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Leadership qualities
- Attention to detail
- Personable and client focused
- Keen learner
- Willingness and ability to travel (some projects are best delivered by physically being at the client’s location).
The Graduate Project Manager will have the opportunity to work in the following project environments-
- Association for Project Management
- Microsoft Office productivity tools, including MS Project and MS Visio
- Different project management methodologies – waterfall, agile, hybrid
Responsibilities for the Graduate Project Manager
Manage both internal projects, where Waterstons is your client, and external projects on behalf of our clients. As part of this you’ll:
- Initiate projects, agreeing the approach, governance, scope, project plan, resources, project controls, and project communication and change management required.
- Deliver the project to time, cost, and quality that deliveries the project objectives.
- Organise and chair project meetings, ensuring agendas are in place, meetings are scheduled, and minutes are taken with actions agreed and clearly documented.
- Creating and update project control documents such as project plans, risk, issue and change logs, project dependencies, decisions, actions, test plans, communication plans, etc.
- Ensure that all facets of the project are agreed and understood by all parties involved in the project (scope, plans, risk, governance, communication, change, quality, and controls).
- Engage with people working on the project to ensure their responsibilities and tasks are understood and delivered. The people working on the project may be other Waterstons people, client staff, or other third parties.
- Produce regular project status reports.
- Establish strong relationships with all parties to benefit the project and future engagements.
- Cleanly close projects, carrying out project review and lessons learnt exercise.
- Provide project support to senior project managers who are managing complex projects.
- Be actively involved in business development activities such as the creation of proposals and responses to tenders for opportunities with existing clients and new prospects.
- Support the development of best practice project management within Waterstons.
- Engage and support the development of our project management service offering.
- Proactively develop knowledge of programme and project management skills and frameworks as well as increasing understanding of technology.
- As you work with clients continually look for opportunities to improve their business and add value.
As a Graduate Project Manager you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to secure their business through the pragmatic use of technology and protect them from incoming threats.
If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you.
Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
This role can be based in either Durham or London. We’re utilising technology to work remotely and continue our great work wherever we can.
Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination. Waterstons will make any reason adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
We are ISO accredited and are committed to ensuring and developing our quality standards and measures. This is an important part of what we do to ensure we are continually raising standards.
Speak to our people anywhere in the world and you will get a feel for our culture; the buzz of people who are doing work they’re passionate about and choosing their path. There’s no corporate mould to fit and hierarchy doesn’t get in the way. Everybody contributes and has the chance to get involved. We’re always looking for people to join us who are excited by unfamiliar challenges and enjoy collaborating with others. Our culture and values are fundamental to us and they inform and influence everything we do. Our people are empowered to make their own decisions and we’ll support where you need it. We’re growing and you’ll find interesting people who measure success by what gets accomplished, not how many hours are worked. Your wellbeing is important to us and we believe family comes first. At Waterstons, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We have a working group who are helping to raise the profile of equality, diversity and inclusion both internally and externally and we encourage applications from everyone. We’re community minded and work with local and national charities and initiatives to support and give back. We’re not perfect though and are always looking to see how we can develop our approach. That’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
* A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
* Unlimited holiday allowance * Flexible working hours * Private medical Insurance * Technical development opportunities and sponsored training * Enhanced family policies * If you ever need it; company sick pay and life assurance * Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives * Employee assistance programm * Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available * Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
Our Recruitment Process
We want to support all candidates to shine. Please tell us what you need to make this possible. We'll do all we can to make any adjustments that work for you. Once you’ve applied, we'll be in touch to let you know whether we would like to progress your application. Initially, we'll usually arrange a telephone conversation which will help us both assess if we’re a good fit for each other. From there we'll arrange an interview which will cover both personal skills and professional abilities. We want to make sure you have a great experience with us, no matter the outcome, so are keen to hear what you think of us too.
Reference Number- 14/2021