About the (M365) Solutions Architect role
We’re looking for someone with a broad technical background (a “generalist”) who has a strong working knowledge of the core Microsoft stack of technologies (e.g. AD, DHCP, DNS), but who also has in-depth (“specialist”) knowledge of Microsoft 365 technologies, particularly Microsoft Intune and the wider Modern Workplace offering. We need someone to help us design and implement large and complex Microsoft 365 environments, utilising Microsoft Intune, AutoPilot, Azure AD, MFA, Defender, Hello for Business, and Bitlocker. You must be comfortable being client facing, presenting solutions to our clients and building relationships, and also be willing to be hands-on when needed. This role will require you to be involved in the implementation of solutions directly or by working with Solutions Engineers to implement the solutions you’ve designed.
Required Skills for the (M365) Solutions Architect
- Cloud solution design experience in Microsoft 365, particularly Microsoft Intune
- Design and implementation experience with modern desktop/application provisioning tools (Microsoft *Autopilot, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Intune, Windows Virtual Desktop)
- Design and implementation experience of Azure AD Identity Management (Azure AD Conditional *Access, Privileged Identity Management)
- Design and implementation experience of Endpoint Security (MFA, Microsoft 365 Defender, *Windows Hello for Business, Bitlocker)
- Experience of Data Protection technologies (Microsoft Information Protection, Data Loss Prevention)
- A good understanding of traditional desktop and app deployment methods (SCCM, Windows Deployment Services)
- Experience with automation and orchestration tools, or complex PowerShell scripting
- Technical expertise in the full stack of Microsoft Windows Server Technologies (Active Directory, Internet Information Services, and general Windows Server technologies)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage competing demands on their time
- The ability to influence others, set expectations and plan and co-ordinate their own projects
An exceptional candidate will hold the following certifications (or similar)
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate
- MCSA Windows 10
- MCSA/MCSE Server 2016
Key behaviours for the (M365) Solutions Architect:
- Work as part of a team or individually to design, implement and consult around the Microsoft 365 platform
- Take responsibility for building relationships with clients and producing solutions around their needs.
- Be involved in presales activities including writing proposals for solutions.
- Work alongside other teams to deliver joined up services to clients, including project managers, solutions engineers and business consultants.
As an (M365) Solutions Architect you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to secure their business through the pragmatic use of technology and protect them from incoming threats.
If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you.
Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
This role will can be based in the South East with regular travel to London. We’re utilising technology to work remotely and continue our great work wherever we can.
Waterstons are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer, committed to drive forward diversity and inclusion & determined to speak up against discrimination. Waterstons will make any reason adjustments if you have a disability or special needs.
Speak to our people anywhere in the world and you will get a feel for our culture; the buzz of people who are doing work they’re passionate about and choosing their path. There’s no corporate mould to fit and hierarchy doesn’t get in the way. Everybody contributes and has the chance to get involved. We’re always looking for people to join us who are excited by unfamiliar challenges and enjoy collaborating with others. Our culture and values are fundamental to us and they inform and influence everything we do. Our people are empowered to make their own decisions and we’ll support where you need it. We’re growing and you’ll find interesting people who measure success by what gets accomplished, not how many hours are worked. Your wellbeing is important to us and we believe family comes first. At Waterstons, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We have a working group who are helping to raise the profile of equality, diversity and inclusion both internally and externally and we encourage applications from everyone. We’re community minded and work with local and national charities and initiatives to support and give back. We’re not perfect though and are always looking to see how we can develop our approach. That’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
* A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
* Unlimited holiday allowance * Flexible working hours * Private medical Insurance * Technical development opportunities and sponsored training * Enhanced family policies * If you ever need it; company sick pay and life assurance * Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives * Employee assistance programm * Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available * Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
Our Recruitment Process
We want to support all candidates to shine. Please tell us what you need to make this possible. We'll do all we can to make any adjustments that work for you. Once you’ve applied, we'll be in touch to let you know whether we would like to progress your application. Initially, we'll usually arrange a telephone conversation which will help us both assess if we’re a good fit for each other. From there we'll arrange an interview which will cover both personal skills and professional abilities. We want to make sure you have a great experience with us, no matter the outcome, so are keen to hear what you think of us too.
Reference Number- 15/2021