About the Service Desk Analyst Role
We’re on the lookout for a Technology Consultant to join our expanding global Remote Services team as a Service Desk Analyst, supporting our clients and their IT infrastructure on a day-to-day basis. The role is user facing and will be answering calls and emails from a number of clients, resolving end user incidents and service requests. We work with a wide variety of national and international clients, providing custom support services and technical escalation routes. You’ll be our clients’ first point of contact and will own, manage and solve their technical problems. We’re looking for someone with brilliant communication, listening and troubleshooting skills and you’ll thoroughly enjoy solving technical problems.
We’re looking for the right person, not just a specific background. Your passion for technology and problem solving is just as important as technical skills and knowledge. Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. You could follow a service management, technology specialist or even business consulting direction. We quickly reward those who perform well. Continuous personal and professional development are also important to us, so you will be supported, guided and mentored every step of the way. You’ll not only continually develop and learn new skills, but will guide and mentor others too.
Responsibilities for the Service Desk Analyst
- You’ll be the first point of contact for our customers in need of technical support, which may be via email or phone. You’ll own, manage, and resolve their problems.
- You’ll need to triage any tickets that come in to Waterstons, appropriately prioritising these so that they can be actioned according to need.
- Managing your own queue of tickets, you’ll take ownership of new tickets as and when you are able, ensuring the customer is communicated with and that issues are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- You’ll be responsible for recording your time when working on issues to enable accurate billing to clients.
- You’ll be in charge of troubleshooting issues that come in and liaising with colleagues and customers as required to resolve these in a timely fashion.
- You’ll continually look for opportunities to improve our customers businesses and add value through the use of technology.
- Working within a larger team you’ll provide a range of support from 1st to 3rd line, working remotely from the office, with potential to spend time on site with our clients nationwide.
Required Skills and Experience for the Service Desk Analyst
- Experience in a 2nd/3rd line role is essential.
- We typically expect A Levels or a Degree in an appropriate subject, or relevant experience in a similar role.
- We’re looking for someone with acute attention to detail, who’s resilient and results oriented. An analytical thinker you’ll also be keen to keep on learning and developing new skills and use your initiative to solve problems.
- You’ll have great organisation, timekeeping and prioritisation skills.
- You’ll be personable, customer focused and have the ability to build relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Experience within an MSP environment is preferred but not essential.
Successful candidates will have experience in a broad range of technologies that we use every day in a support capacity – preferably with some industry standard accreditations to back this up and an understanding of server and desktop operating systems.
Some of the areas that we look for are:
- Key Microsoft server roles:
- Active Directory, Exchange 2013 & 2016, Windows Server, SQL, SharePoint, System Center, DFS
- Office 365 administration
- Unified Communication solutions such as Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams and Mitel
- Cloud Platforms such as Azure, AWS and Google Cloud
- ITIL for service management
- End user application support
- Desktop OS support (MAC and Windows)
- Remote Desktop solutions (RDS, Citrix etc.)
- Experience with ITSM solutions
As a Service Desk Analyst you will build relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to secure their business through the pragmatic use of technology and protect them from incoming threats. If you enjoy a varied environment, sharing your knowledge and experience to support, coach and mentor your colleagues, then we want to hear from you. Your progression is important to us and your career path is up to you. We commit to invest in our people and reward you for your commitment and effort.
We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
Speak to our people anywhere in the world and you will get a feel for our culture; the buzz of people who are doing work they’re passionate about and choosing their path. There’s no corporate mould to fit and hierarchy doesn’t get in the way. Everybody contributes and has the chance to get involved. We’re always looking for people to join us who are excited by unfamiliar challenges and enjoy collaborating with others. Our culture and values are fundamental to us and they inform and influence everything we do. Our people are empowered to make their own decisions and we’ll support where you need it.
We’re growing and you’ll find interesting people who measure success by what gets accomplished, not how many hours are worked. Your wellbeing is important to us and we believe family comes first. At Waterstons, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We have a working group who are helping to raise the profile of equality, diversity and inclusion both internally and externally and we encourage applications from everyone. We’re community minded and work with local and national charities and initiatives to support and give back. We’re not perfect though and are always looking to see how we can develop our approach.
That’s why we’ve been awarded Gold Investors in People for a fourth consecutive time.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it; company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance programme and private medical insurance
- Company profit share scheme and purchase of shares available
Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
Our Recruitment Process
We want to support all candidates to shine. Please tell us what you need to make this possible. We'll do all we can to make any adjustments that work for you.
Once you’ve applied, we'll be in touch to let you know whether we would like to progress your application. Initially, we'll usually arrange a telephone conversation which will help us both assess if we’re a good fit for each other.
From there we'll arrange an interview which will cover both personal skills and professional abilities. We want to make sure you have a great experience with us, no matter the outcome, so are keen to hear what you think of us too.
Reference number: 02/2020